Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
It's so fast and easy and delicious! You don't even have to pre-cook the noodles! My family loves this nearly as much as the pan lasagna I make. We sometimes add a dollop of cottage cheese to top off this soup...
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning (dry)
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked corkscrew macaroni (or mafalda, if you can find it)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook ground beef in skillet until browned.
- Pour/drain off fat.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, broth, tomatoes& Italian Seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in uncooked pasta.
- Reduce heat to medium heat& cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Great flavor - loved it. Made a few minor modifications: added sm. chopped onion in with gr. beef while browning; rinsed meat to eliminate excess fat; added more garlic powder and italian seasoning; used no salt added tomatoes; added 1 8oz can no salt added tomato sauce; added 2 c. water (was very thick while cooking the noodles); stirred 1 tablespoon low fat ricotta cheese into each bowl of soup when serving. Will definately make it again.
This was good. Nice change. Made with 1.5 lbs ground beef, added extra can of brooth and used basil, garlic & oregeno canned tomatoes. Will make again.
Fauve, I made your soup for today's lunch. WOW, this was some really awesome tasting soup! I did however modified the soup to my liking. Besides adding the ingredients mentioned in this recipe, I also added the following ingredients... 3-1/2 tablespoons of diced onion, and 1 large clove of minced garlic, which I sauteed both, before adding them to the soup. I added a bit more of the Italian seasoing (1/4 teaspoon more). I subbed Italian diced tomatoes (which had basil, garlic & onions in it) for the regular canned diced tomatoes. I also added 1-(8 ounce) can of tomato sauce; plus when it came to adding the pasta, I used the pasta from a (6.4 ounce) box of Lasagna Hamburger Helper (which was about 2 cups - or about 4.5 ounces). That pasta worked well in this soup. Thanks Fauve, for sharing this recipe, as it was oh so good!!