1/2 Photos of Quick to Fix Cheese Calzone
Variation on a Robin Miller recipe. She used steamed broccoli and no garlic in hers. You can use any vegetables (roasted or raw) you like or cooked meat (pepperoni, sausage, etc). When I made this, I actually used two cans of Pillsbury pizza dough (about 13.5 ounces each) and divided the filling to make one veggie calzone and one pepperoni calzone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, drained well
- 1 (8 ounce) bag part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 2 cups volume)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced, to taste
- 1 -1 1/2 cup roasted vegetables or 1 -1 1/2 cup pepperoni slice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb pizza dough, thawed
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
- 1 -2 cup pizza sauce or 1 -2 cup marinara sauce, to dip, heated
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella and garlic; Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 3Roll dough out to a 15" circle on a baking sheet that has been lightly dusted first with either flour or cornmeal.
- 4Spread cheese filling over 1 side of circle, to within 1-inch of the edge and then top with filling of your choice (veggies or cooked meat).
- 5Lift 1 side of dough and fold over so that it meets the other side, forming a half moon, and pinch the edges together to seal, using a fork to press edges together.
- 6Brush with olive oil and sprinkle some parmesan cheese over top, to taste.
- 7Cut a few slits in the top to allow steam to release.
- 8Bake 10-15 minutes, until puffed up golden brown.
- 9Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- 10Serve with some heated marinara sauce to dip, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick to Fix Cheese Calzone
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 398.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: