From Mafiosa's Cucina at HBO's The Sopranos BBs
Make and share this Quick White Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package thin crust prepared prepared pizza crust or 1 package prepared focaccia bread
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (a handful) or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese (a handful)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Put the pizza shell or focaccia onto a pizza pan or cookie sheet. Drizzle shell with oil and scatter minced garlic over shell to edges. Cover the pie with a layer of all 3 cheeses combined and work all the way to the edge of the shells. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, until cheeses have melted and begin to bubble. Remove from oven and garnish with parsley. Cut pie with pizza wheel or knife into bite-size squares and serve.
This was great! The white pizza is a great base and then I added tomatoes and arugula on top after it came out of the oven. Perfect summer pizza!
I used a crust from scratch and so I par-baked the crust with the olive oil before adding the garlic and cheeses. My pizza came out perfectly - love the idea of upping the oven temp from what is 'typical'. Delicious! Thanks.
This got my interest because we're not big tomato sauce fans on pizza. It was very good. I added 1/4 of an onion chopped up and 6 garlic cloves. I forgot all about the parsley till I just now saw it on the ingredient list. Next time I'll be sure to add it. Thanks for this one.