1/3 Photos of Ramen Under the Tuscan Sun Pie
This is a great recipe to use up produce in your refrigerator before it goes bad. Not only is this recipe cost effective and it reduces waste, but it is divine! Feel free to add whatever vegetables you have on hand such as zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, shallots, hard squash, frozen vegetables..... the list of possibilities is endless. I added cherry tomatoes and they were awesome! Serve with a salad and crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (save flavor pack for another time or discard)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced and cut into one inch strips
- 1/4 red onion, sliced (2-3 slices)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups broccoli florets, broken into bite sized florets
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (separated)
- 1 teaspoon basil (you can use a 1/4 cup fresh basil if you have it on hand)
- 4 eggs, beaten (separated one egg and three eggs)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (separated)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground fennel (you can grind your seeds or even sub cumin if you have to, the fennel does make this mix)
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated onion or 3/4 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Add seasoning mix ingredients to a large zip lock bag or large bowl with lid. Add 1/4 cup olive oil and shake to combine. Add red bell pepper, red onion, broccoli florets and any other vegetable you have handy (total of all vegetables you use should be 4 cups or more) along with 1 teaspoon minced garlic and basil (fresh if possible.) Vigorously shake to distribute evenly. Pour contents into a roasting pan and roast for 20 minutes.
- 3Remove vegetables and reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- 4Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil and throw in the ramen cakes (whole). Boil for 3 minutes, drain and place in large bowl. Add beaten egg, minced garlic, grated Parmesan cheese to the noodles and mix well to separate noodles.
- 5Place contents into a buttered glass, ceramic or metal pie pan or even an iron skillet. Arrange noodles in the form of a crust, The noodles will be your "pie crust.".
- 6Add roasted veggies to the top of the noodles.
- 7Whisk 3 eggs, the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup of half and half cream in a bowl. Pour over vegetables.
- 8Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 9Uncover and sprinkle with a little more cheese, and bake for 10 minutes more.
- 10Let rest for 10 minutes then cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ramen Under the Tuscan Sun Pie
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.7
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 233.6 mg
- Sodium 1256.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 20.2 g