1/1 Photo of Ratatouille
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #757812's Note:
From Joy of Cooking. This Provencal vegetable melange can be served chilled with a splash of lemon or herb vinegar. Or serve it warm as an accompaniment to lamb or chicken or as a vegetarian entree with saffron rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (1 lb)
- 1 lb zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, sliced
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped seeded peeled
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1Saute in a large skillet or Dutch oven over high heat until the vegetables are golden and just tender, 10 to 12 minutes: 1/4 C olive oil, eggplant and zucchini.
- 2Remove the vegetables and reduce the heat to medium-high. In the same pan, cook until the onions are slightly softened: 2 T of olive oil and onions.
- 3Add and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender but not browned, 8 to 12 minutes: red pepper and garlic.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Add: tomatoes, thyme and bay leaf.
- 6Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- 7Add the eggplant and zucchini and cook until everything is tender, about 20 minutes more. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Stir in: basil.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ratatouille
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.8
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: