1/1 Photo of Ribollita - Giada De Laurentiis
Southern Lady's Note:
I haven't made this yet but it looked wonderful! A good hearty soup from Everyday Italian. Giada makes this when cleaning out her frig before items can go bad. If you don't have herbes de Provence, recipes available. I normally don't have rind left around, so I'll just add the cheese. If someone has a better idea, please note for us.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling on bread
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 minced and 1 whole
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 3 cups chicken stock (or vegetable bouillon)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 piece parmesan cheese, rind 3 inches
- 4 -6 ciabatta rolls, halved lengthwise (or any old bread)
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, pancetta, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 2Cook until the onion is golden brown and the pancetta is crisp, about 7 minutes.
- 3Add tomato paste and stir until dissolved.
- 4Add tomatoes and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release all the brown bits.
- 5Add the spinach, beans, herbs, stock, bay leaf, and Parmesan rind.
- 6Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 8Drizzle the ciabatta halves with olive oil. Toast until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 9Remove from the oven and rub the top of the toasts with the whole garlic clove.
- 10Place the toasts in the serving bowls and ladle the soup over the toasts.
- 11Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ribollita - Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.6
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 802.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence