Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not made this recipe but have posted it by request. It is a Nella Cucina recipe so it should be good. Enjoy
Filling (Makes enough for one tart)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk, scalded and cooked slightly
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
Pastry dough (Makes enough for two tarts)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ---------Tomake the filling--------.
- In a saucepan (stainless steel) whisk two eggs and 1/4 cup sugar until well blended.
- Add the flour a little at a time.
- Gradually add the milk and whisk well.
- Place sauce pan over medium heat and whisk constantly for about 6 minutes or until thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Place the filling aside covered with a sheet of buttered wax paper.
- In another bowl beat the Riccota with the remaining sugar and egg yolk until very smooth.
- Fold in the Lemon zest.
- Add the cooled filling blend well and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the flour and cornstarch.
- Add the remaining dough ingredients and mix until a soft ball begins to form.
- Knead the dough for a short time on a floured surface and divide in two.
- Wrap one half of the dough securely and freeze it for future use.
- Lightly grease an 11-inch tart pan with removable sides.
- Roll out one half and place in the prepared tart pan.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and smooth the top.
- Bake in 375F degrees oven for 45-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove tart to cooling rack.
- Remove sides from pan.
- Cut into wedges to serve.