1 hr 35 mins
I have not made this recipe but have posted it by request. It is a Nella Cucina recipe so it should be good. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Filling (Makes enough for one tart)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk, scalded and cooked slightly
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
Pastry dough (Makes enough for two tarts)
- 1---------Tomake the filling--------.
- 2In a saucepan (stainless steel) whisk two eggs and 1/4 cup sugar until well blended.
- 3Add the flour a little at a time.
- 4Gradually add the milk and whisk well.
- 5Place sauce pan over medium heat and whisk constantly for about 6 minutes or until thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- 6Place the filling aside covered with a sheet of buttered wax paper.
- 7In another bowl beat the Riccota with the remaining sugar and egg yolk until very smooth.
- 8Fold in the Lemon zest.
- 9Add the cooled filling blend well and set aside.
- 11In a food processor, combine the flour and cornstarch.
- 12Add the remaining dough ingredients and mix until a soft ball begins to form.
- 13Knead the dough for a short time on a floured surface and divide in two.
- 14Wrap one half of the dough securely and freeze it for future use.
- 15Lightly grease an 11-inch tart pan with removable sides.
- 16Roll out one half and place in the prepared tart pan.
- 17Pour the filling into the pie shell and smooth the top.
- 18Bake in 375F degrees oven for 45-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- 19Remove tart to cooling rack.
- 20Remove sides from pan.
- 21Cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Tart
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.5
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 220.6 mg
- Sodium 238.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 59.0 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of