Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A hearty pasta dish...found in the Australian Delicious Mag.
Make and share this Rigatoni Milano recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 500 g good quality Italian sausages (casing removed)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 cup beef stock
- 400 g rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 100 ml thickened cream
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 80 g parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until light golden.
- Add sausage meat and garlic to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned.
- Add rosemary, chili, passata and stock.
- Season, reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta, drain and add to sauce.
- Stir in parsley and cream just before serving.
- Scatter with parmesan.
DEE-Licious! I used bacon for the sausage and basil for the rosemary...so good and SO easy!
We loved this.. I made it for Friday night supper and we absolutely waded though it, SO good! I used a tin of chopped tomatoes instead of the passata, and rather than use the sausage meat, I sliced the sausage and cooked it like that. (I dont eat meat as such, but I enjoy the robust sauce that results when you use sausage like this, so the others get to enjoy the actual sausage and I enjoy the sauce!) With the red pepper flakes, it added just the right amount of bite, this was a wonderful pasta dish that I will be making often, YUM! Thanks for a fabulous recipe, Stardustannie! made for Aus/NZ swap#31.
This is truly good and so easy. I love the red onions -- a really good taste. I did as told except (lol) I used chicken stock. A great dish for this cold and blusterey weather. Thanks, Annie!