1 hr 5 mins
Ideal for a light supper or weekend lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces risotto rice
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 ounces chestnut mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 ounces arugula
- 1Slice the tops off the tomatoes and set aside. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the tomatoes with a teaspoon, but be careful not to cut through to the base. Chop the pulp and keep the seeds, but discard the hard, central cores.
- 2Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and tip in the rice. Fry gently over a low heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently to stop the rice from browning, then add the scallions, zucchini and mushrooms and fry gently for 2 more minutes.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375°F Pour in the stock then stir in the dried herbs, tomato pulp and seeds - the seeds will add fibre, and won't be noticeable in the finished dish.
- 4Cook gently for about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently until the rice is tender and the stock has been absorbed - add extra stock or water if necessary.
- 5Turn off the heat, tear the basil leaves into the pan and scatter with parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- 6Put the tomatoes in an ovenproof dish and fill each one generously with the risotto.
- 7Replace tomato tops and bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes are tender. Cool for 5 minutes, then serve with a few arugula leaves on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto-Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 65.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning