1/7 Photos of Roasted Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
My husband clipped this recipe from a magazine about 7 years ago, which is something he had never done before. When he brought it home, I agreed to make it for him, and it was great. Since then, I have served it as a first course at many holiday meals. You can also serve it as an hors d'oeuvres.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Trim asparagus evenly. Cut each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise.
- 3Place asparagus and boiling water in a large roasting pan and cover tightly with foil.
- 4Stream asparagus for about 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Remove asparagus and dry on paper towels. Drain water from roasting pan and dry.
- 5On a sheet of waxed paper, lay 1 strip of prosciutto. Sprinkle with about 1 t. Parmesan cheese. Place one asparagus spear at 1 end and roll up, slightly overlapping proscuitto as your roll, and covering most of the spear. Repeat with remaining asparagus, prosciutto, and Parmesan cheese.
- 6Place wrapped asparagus in roasting pan and roast for about 10 minutes, until prosciutto just begins to brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 68.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: