1/7 Photos of Roasted Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
My husband clipped this recipe from a magazine about 7 years ago, which is something he had never done before. When he brought it home, I agreed to make it for him, and it was great. Since then, I have served it as a first course at many holiday meals. You can also serve it as an hors d'oeuvres.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Trim asparagus evenly. Cut each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise.
- 3Place asparagus and boiling water in a large roasting pan and cover tightly with foil.
- 4Stream asparagus for about 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Remove asparagus and dry on paper towels. Drain water from roasting pan and dry.
- 5On a sheet of waxed paper, lay 1 strip of prosciutto. Sprinkle with about 1 t. Parmesan cheese. Place one asparagus spear at 1 end and roll up, slightly overlapping proscuitto as your roll, and covering most of the spear. Repeat with remaining asparagus, prosciutto, and Parmesan cheese.
- 6Place wrapped asparagus in roasting pan and roast for about 10 minutes, until prosciutto just begins to brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 68.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: