1/1 Photo of Rocco's Mama's Meatballs
1 hr 30 mins
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
Recipe from Rocco DiSpirito. This recipe was originally posted by Mean Chef. This is an adopted recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the seasoned stock mix
For the meatballs
- 1Stock mix: Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and puree.
- 2In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except olive oil) with stock and knead with both hands until mixture is uniform.
- 3Do not overmix.
- 4Put a little olive oil on hands and form mixture into approximately 2-ounce balls.
- 5Pour about half an inch of extra virgin olive oil into a straight sided, wide saute pan and heat over medium-high flame.
- 6Add the meatballs to the pan (working in batches if necessary) and brown meatballs, turning once.
- 7You can also brown on a sheetpan in a 375 degree oven if you prefer.
- 8Using a slotted spoon, remove the meatballs from the oil and place them into a saucepan of marinara (they should be submerged).
- 9Simmer for 30 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through and tender.
- 10Serve as is, or over spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rocco's Mama's Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (1889 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 140.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 15.1 g