There are a few Veal Saltimbocca recipes here, but I hadn't seen the very traditional, very simple one. This is all about showcasing a few fresh, flavorful ingredients for a superb dish. This is very nice served over some wilted spinach, and if you're not a veal person, you can easily substitute pounded chicken breast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound veal between sheets of waxed paper until thin and even.
- 2Place one sage leaf on each piece of veal and cover with the prosciutto, secure with a toothpick if needed.
- 3Heat frying pan to hot, but not smoking, add butter and olive oil.
- 4Sauté veal on the side without the prosciutto approx 3 minutes.
- 5Turn and sauté the other side another 3 minutes.
- 6Remove from pan and add the wine, chicken broth and sage, scraping up any brown bits that may be on the bottom of the pan.
- 7Cook one minute on high, check seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Return the veal to the pan to re-warm.
- 9Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saltimbocca Alla Romana
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 126.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: