Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was dinner the night I went into labor with my first son; every year since we've had this for his birthday celebration! Served with spinach salad, it makes a well-rounded meal!
- Add spaghetti to boiling water; when soft, drain & rinse; drop in butter, stir, keep warm & set aside.
- While spaghetti is cooking, fry bacon just until lightly crisped; remove from pan and cut or crumble to bite-size pieces; reserve 2-3 T. fat.
- To hot fat in frying pan, add pepper flakes and garlic; stir for 30 seconds; remove from heat.
- Break eggs into medium bowl, with an egg beater beat until frothy, then stir in Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Add half-n-half to frying pan, stirring up fond and thickening slightly.
- Dump spaghetti into large serving bowl, then add meat mixture and toss well; then cheese mixture, toss well.
- Sprinkle on the parsley.
- Serve with additional Parmesan (the good stuff).
I made this (coincidentally) for my husband's birthday meal today. It was wonderful! This was my first time making spaghetti carbonara. I used the bacon and used 1/2 cup cream. I slowly tempured that egg mixture into the bacon mixture just to make sure the egg "rawness" got cooked away (for the kids). Loved it and will make this again! Thanx!
This was my first time making Spaghetti Carbonara and it was recommended by Mandy Sue (above). I couldn't believe how good it was! Using raw egg was a bit different for us. I added it to the pan mixture and cooked it a little longer just to be safe since I'm pregnant. It turned out great and my husband loved it! We used maple flavored bacon which added something extra to the recipe. We will DEFINITELY make this again soon! Thanks for sharing!
Super. I had never had spaghetti carbonara before, this was a wonderful easy introduction. My whole family loved it, including two picky toddlers. I was a little nervous about the raw egg so I zapped it in the microwave for a few to make sure it was done. Excellent recipe thanks for sharing