1/2 Photos of Sam's Birth Day Spaghetti Carbonara
This was dinner the night I went into labor with my first son; every year since we've had this for his birthday celebration! Served with spinach salad, it makes a well-rounded meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add spaghetti to boiling water; when soft, drain & rinse; drop in butter, stir, keep warm & set aside.
- 2While spaghetti is cooking, fry bacon just until lightly crisped; remove from pan and cut or crumble to bite-size pieces; reserve 2-3 T. fat.
- 3To hot fat in frying pan, add pepper flakes and garlic; stir for 30 seconds; remove from heat.
- 4Break eggs into medium bowl, with an egg beater beat until frothy, then stir in Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- 5Add half-n-half to frying pan, stirring up fond and thickening slightly.
- 6Dump spaghetti into large serving bowl, then add meat mixture and toss well; then cheese mixture, toss well.
- 7Sprinkle on the parsley.
- 8Serve with additional Parmesan (the good stuff).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sam's Birth Day Spaghetti Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.7
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 173.4 mg
- Sodium 746.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 22.3 g