This was dinner the night I went into labor with my first son; every year since we've had this for his birthday celebration! Served with spinach salad, it makes a well-rounded meal!
- Add spaghetti to boiling water; when soft, drain & rinse; drop in butter, stir, keep warm & set aside.
- While spaghetti is cooking, fry bacon just until lightly crisped; remove from pan and cut or crumble to bite-size pieces; reserve 2-3 T. fat.
- To hot fat in frying pan, add pepper flakes and garlic; stir for 30 seconds; remove from heat.
- Break eggs into medium bowl, with an egg beater beat until frothy, then stir in Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Add half-n-half to frying pan, stirring up fond and thickening slightly.
- Dump spaghetti into large serving bowl, then add meat mixture and toss well; then cheese mixture, toss well.
- Sprinkle on the parsley.
- Serve with additional Parmesan (the good stuff).