I love making this for a late lunch, or an easy light dinner!
Make and share this Sara's Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- Slice baguette into thick slices, cutting on an angle.
- Brush each side of the slices with olive oil. Don't be shy, use plenty!
- Combine all other ingredients.
- Place the slices of bread into the pan, and cook until lightly toasted, turn over and repeat with the other side.
- Transfer the bread to a serving plate, and place heaped spoonfulls of the tomato mixure on each slice of bread.
I doubled this recipe then served the topping with a choice of baguette or quarter-slices of toasted winter wheat bread ~ With this VERY TASTY SPREAD, my guests went for the winter wheat before ever touching the baguette! Thanks for sharing the recipe1 [Made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #22]