Fast, fresh and filling. My version of a recipe from TOH.
Make and share this Saucy Skillet Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof softened cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped broccoli or 1 cup spinach
- 4 cups Italian sauce
- 1 (9 ounce) packageno-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (I use about 1 1/2 cups)
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomaoes and broccoli or spinach if using. In a small bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese and cream cheese.
- Return 1 cup meat mixture to skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup ricotta mixture, 1 1/2 cups sauce and half of the noodles. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.