Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This looks like it should be horribly difficult, but it's really simple. If you are a beginner cook and REALLY want to impress people, this is the recipe for you. I use fresh garlic and garlic powder - feel free to cut back on either. We actually prefer this made with surimi (fake crab meat) rather than fresh crab, but either is fine. Make sure the crab is picked over for shells. Feel free to toss in some scallops too - just saute them for a few minutes in some butter first. Substitute 1 box of chopped broccoli, defrosted, for the spinach, if desired, or omit entirely.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -10 oz.box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, drained and squeezed
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1 lb uncooked lasagna noodle
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat; add garlic.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, stir until smooth.
- Stir in milk and broth and return to heat. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in mozzarella, onions, basil and oregano. (add SALT if desired).
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted. Set aside.
- Beat egg, and add ricotta. Mix till smooth. Add pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Spread a thin layer (about 1 cup) of cheese sauce in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Top with 3 or 4 uncooked noodles.
- Spread 1/2 of ricotta cheese over noodles.
- Sprinkle all of spinach over cheese, trying to avoid clumps.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of shrimp and crab.
- Pour about 1 cup cheese sauce over, and top with 3-4 uncooked noodles.
- Repeat layers with remaining ricotta cheese, seafood and a final layer of uncooked noodles. Top with all of remaining cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan or romano cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for about an hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.