Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After finding this on Epicurious.com, I made a few changes and got a few yums from everyone.
Make and share this Seafood Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely copped shallot
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 lb sea scallops, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons gremolata (amounts follow)
- Combine 2 1/2 cups water and bottled clam juice in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer and keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 3 Tbl olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; saute until shallots are light golden, about 4 minutes. Add rice; saute 2 minutes. Add wine; stir until liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add stewed tomatoes; cook until liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup clam juice mixture to rice. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring often. Continue adding clam juice mixture by 1/2 cupfuls until rice is tender, but still slightly firm in center and mixture is creamy, simmering until liquid is absorbed before each addition and stirring often, about 25 minutes.
- Heat bacon in heavy large skillet over medium high heat until fat is rendered (should be about 3 Tbl fat) and bacon is slightly brown. Add shrimp, scallops and garlic and saute until shrimp and scallops are opaque in center, about 6 minutes. Mix seafood into rice. Cook 3 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper and stir in gremolata just before serving. (Seafood can be sauted while rice is absorbing liquid).
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, chopped.
- bunch of chopped flat leaf parsley.
- grated zest of 2 lemons.
- (this makes more than the 2 Tbl you need but it keeps relatively well and can be used in other dishes.).