Risotto must be served immediately so you can best savor its rich creaminess. There's just enough for two healthful "romantic" portions.;) Then complete the meal with a green salad, "just-baked" bread and white wine. Found this in Cooking Light Magazine, October 2008 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1Bring broth and clam juice to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil); keep warm over low heat.
- 2Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add shallots to pan; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- 4Add rice and saffron to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- 5Add lemon juice to pan; cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly.
- 6Stir in 1/2 cup hot broth mixture; cook 2 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- 7Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 18 minutes total).
- 8Stir in tomatoes; cook for 1 minute.
- 9Stir in shrimp and scallops; cook for 4 minutes or until shrimp and scallops are done, stirring occasionally.
- 10Remove from heat; stir in cream.
- 11Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (621 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 885.0
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 136.3 mg
- Sodium 643.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth