Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Risotto must be served immediately so you can best savor its rich creaminess. There's just enough for two healthful "romantic" portions.;) Then complete the meal with a green salad, "just-baked" bread and white wine. Found this in Cooking Light Magazine, October 2008 edition.
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped shallots
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Bring broth and clam juice to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil); keep warm over low heat.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots to pan; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add rice and saffron to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add lemon juice to pan; cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1/2 cup hot broth mixture; cook 2 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 18 minutes total).
- Stir in tomatoes; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in shrimp and scallops; cook for 4 minutes or until shrimp and scallops are done, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in cream.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.