Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Savory chicken and tender shrimp in a ragu of tangy, creamy white wine garlic cream sauce with a delightful bouquet of flavors from lemon zest, artichokes, capers, and sun dried tomatoes. This dish is simple to make yet bold and decadent. Perfect when paired with Pinot Grigiot wine.
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 8 ounces chicken breasts
- 8 ounces large shrimp (41/60, fully cooked)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 pinches salt (amount to taste)
- 3 dashes pepper (amount to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (to saute chicken)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (for sauce)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed or minced)
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper (julienne-cut)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (julienne-cut)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Cook linguine according to packaging instructions (al dente).
- Flatten the chicken with a meat tenderizer to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper (both sides).
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan and saute the chicken on medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes (or until golden brown on both sides). Then, place the chicken in a baking dish and continue cooking in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees (or the chicken's internal temp reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Slice the chicken into 1/2 to 3/4 inch bite size cubes or chunks. Set aside.
- This recipe calls for 'fully cooked shrimp' so make sure your shrimp is fully cooked, warmed, and thawed. Set shrimp aside.
- In the sauce pan, at medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and add the onions until the onions caramelize and release their fragrance. Then, add the garlic, artichokes, capers, roasted red peppers, and stir for about 2 minutes (until the artichokes start to tenderize).
- Sprinkle the pan with the flour and stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Add the white wine and the lemon zest and stir until it reaches a boil. Then, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Bring the heat back up then incorporate the cream. Stir for about a minute. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir When the cheese is incorporated (melts into sauce) and the sauce thickens, add the lemon juice and stir.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, and shrimp then stir for about a minute. Add salt to taste.
- Add the linguine and a little bit of the parsley (save some for garnishing). Make sure the linguine is thoroughly coated with the sauce.
- Plate on to a large serving dish. Try to transfer the linguine first so you can top the dish with the sauce and ingredients. Garnish with chopped parsley, Parmesan, and maybe a sliced lemon and some black pepper. Enjoy.