Chef Vince Ang's Note:
Savory chicken and tender shrimp in a ragu of tangy, creamy white wine garlic cream sauce with a delightful bouquet of flavors from lemon zest, artichokes, capers, and sun dried tomatoes. This dish is simple to make yet bold and decadent. Perfect when paired with Pinot Grigiot wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 8 ounces chicken breasts
- 8 ounces large shrimp (41/60, fully cooked)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 pinches salt (amount to taste)
- 3 dashes pepper (amount to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (to saute chicken)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (for sauce)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed or minced)
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper (julienne-cut)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato (julienne-cut)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1Cook linguine according to packaging instructions (al dente).
- 2Flatten the chicken with a meat tenderizer to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch thickness.
- 3Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper (both sides).
- 4Heat olive oil in a sauce pan and saute the chicken on medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes (or until golden brown on both sides). Then, place the chicken in a baking dish and continue cooking in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees (or the chicken's internal temp reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit).
- 5Slice the chicken into 1/2 to 3/4 inch bite size cubes or chunks. Set aside.
- 6This recipe calls for 'fully cooked shrimp' so make sure your shrimp is fully cooked, warmed, and thawed. Set shrimp aside.
- 7In the sauce pan, at medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and add the onions until the onions caramelize and release their fragrance. Then, add the garlic, artichokes, capers, roasted red peppers, and stir for about 2 minutes (until the artichokes start to tenderize).
- 8Sprinkle the pan with the flour and stir until all ingredients are coated.
- 9Add the white wine and the lemon zest and stir until it reaches a boil. Then, simmer for 2 minutes.
- 10Bring the heat back up then incorporate the cream. Stir for about a minute. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir When the cheese is incorporated (melts into sauce) and the sauce thickens, add the lemon juice and stir.
- 11Add the sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, and shrimp then stir for about a minute. Add salt to taste.
- 12Add the linguine and a little bit of the parsley (save some for garnishing). Make sure the linguine is thoroughly coated with the sauce.
- 13Plate on to a large serving dish. Try to transfer the linguine first so you can top the dish with the sauce and ingredients. Garnish with chopped parsley, Parmesan, and maybe a sliced lemon and some black pepper. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Chicken Linguine in Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1084.2
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 204.3 mg
- Sodium 1054.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 49.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: