Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick and simple way to enjoy two of my favourite shellfih, Italian-American style.
Make and share this Shrimp and Scallops Marinara recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 (28 ounce) canof san marzano peeled tomatoes in puree
- 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large, deep saute pan over medium heat, melt 2 tbsps of butter and add 2 tbsps of grapeseed oil. Sweat the onions for a minute, then add the garlic. Fry for just a minute or two, until the garlic just begins to turn golden.
- Stir in the anchovy paste until it disappears into the onions and garlic.
- Add the tomato puree from the can, and either chop or crush the tomatoes, adding them to the pan as well.
- Add the dried parsely, savory, and red pepper flakes. bring the sauce to a low bubble simmer, uncovered, stirring every once in a while for about 20 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the shrimp and half of the chopped fresh basil, cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the scallops. again, cover and simmer 2 minutes more. Then add the rest of the chopped basil and 2 tbsps butter. Stir until the butter is melted inches.
- Serve over squid ink linguini, with a side salad and crusty semolina bread.