1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Turkey Sausage Cacciatore Stew
I remember craving chicken cacciatore one day, but, had no chicken! So, what else could I do but improvise, right? Best decision ever!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces whole wheat rotini, uncooked
- 1 hot Italian turkey sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 12 ounces shrimp (raw)
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 pinch adobo seasoning
- 1 pinch Sazon Goya seasoning
- 1Set pasta to cook in boiling water and then leave it alone!
- 2Spray at bottom of pot with non-stick cooking spray and added garlic cloves.
- 3When garlic starts to cook, add a bit of water.
- 4Add onion, peppers, and mushroom, then stir. Add some more water and then cover, leaving it on low heat.
- 5In a separate pan cook sausage with cooking spray. Once cooked, add to vegetables. Do the same with shrimp.
- 6Check on your pasta. Once done, drain 2/3 of the way and add pasta and water to main dish.
- 7Season with Adobo and Sazon to taste.
- 8Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Turkey Sausage Cacciatore Stew
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 153.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot Italian turkey sausage
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
Sazon Goya seasoning