Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from the chef at my sister's Italian restaurant. It is wonderful!
Make and share this Shrimp Scampi recipe from Food.com.
- To make the Stock: 2 cups water 3 bouillon cubes and the shells from shrimp.
- Boil a few minutes and strain out the shells (discard shells).
- Heat a skillet very hot.
- Dredge shrimp lightly in flour.
- Place enough olive oil in pan to coat the bottom.
- Sauté shrimp on both sides until pink.
- Add garlic stirring constantly.
- After about 1 minute deglaze pan with wine followed by stock,stirring constantly.
- Once started a low boil slowly add rue constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat and add butter stir until completely incorporated.
- Return to heat and cook a few minutes longer.
- Add more stock and wine if to thick.
- Throw in parsley just before serving for color.
- Serve over linguine.