Shawn C's Note:
I got this recipe from the chef at my sister's Italian restaurant. It is wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the Stock: 2 cups water 3 bouillon cubes and the shells from shrimp.
- 2Boil a few minutes and strain out the shells (discard shells).
- 3Heat a skillet very hot.
- 4Dredge shrimp lightly in flour.
- 5Place enough olive oil in pan to coat the bottom.
- 6Sauté shrimp on both sides until pink.
- 7Add garlic stirring constantly.
- 8After about 1 minute deglaze pan with wine followed by stock,stirring constantly.
- 9Once started a low boil slowly add rue constantly stirring.
- 10Remove from heat and add butter stir until completely incorporated.
- 11Return to heat and cook a few minutes longer.
- 12Add more stock and wine if to thick.
- 13Throw in parsley just before serving for color.
- 14Serve over linguine.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.3
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 282.2 mg
- Sodium 818.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: