Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
by Giada De Laurentis. My whole family enjoys this one.
Make and share this Simple Bolognese recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chiffonade
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- In a 6 quart pot, add extra-virgin olive oil. When almost smoking, add the onion and garlic and saute over medium heat until the onions become very soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to high and add the ground beef. Saute, stirring frequently and breaking up any large lumps and cook until meat is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley and basil and cook over medium low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1/2 hour. Finish bolognese with Pecorino Romano. Check for seasoning.
- Serve hot.