Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
by Giada De Laurentis. My whole family enjoys this one.
Make and share this Simple Bolognese recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chiffonade
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- In a 6 quart pot, add extra-virgin olive oil. When almost smoking, add the onion and garlic and saute over medium heat until the onions become very soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to high and add the ground beef. Saute, stirring frequently and breaking up any large lumps and cook until meat is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley and basil and cook over medium low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1/2 hour. Finish bolognese with Pecorino Romano. Check for seasoning.
- Serve hot.