by Giada De Laurentis. My whole family enjoys this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chiffonade
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1In a 6 quart pot, add extra-virgin olive oil. When almost smoking, add the onion and garlic and saute over medium heat until the onions become very soft, about 8 minutes.
- 2Add the celery and carrot and saute for 5 minutes.
- 3Raise heat to high and add the ground beef. Saute, stirring frequently and breaking up any large lumps and cook until meat is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- 4Add the tomatoes, parsley and basil and cook over medium low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1/2 hour. Finish bolognese with Pecorino Romano. Check for seasoning.
- 5Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 356.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese