I don't like to do it all the time but sometimes when time is short or you've had an exhausting week, it's nice to just open a can of spaghetii sauce & throw together a quick dinner. I use the Campbell's sauce as I visit their factory sales at least once a year & stock up on soups etc.
- 375 g pasta
- 440 g spaghetti sauce (with beef)
Bulk it up Variation 1
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
Stretch it out Variation 2
- 1 (420 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
Creamy Comfort Variation 3
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook spaghetti according to packet directions.
- Heat sauce in a pan for approx 5 minutes.
- If using variation 1, saute the vegies until softened and then add to the sauce.
- If using variation 2, add all ingredients to the sauce & simmer together.
- If using variation 3, add ingredients to the sauce & stir until the cheese melts into the sauce.
- Serve sauce over pasta accompanied by a nice green salad & garlic bread & parmesan cheese.