Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My dad has been making this for years with Prosciutto, but I couldn't master the recipe until recently. I recommend imported prosciutto it has a sharper taste.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (one full stick)
- 18 -24 ounces of fresh fettuccine pasta (refrigerator section of grocery store)
- 2 prosciutto ham, slices cubed imported (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (I used 1/3 the fat and it was fine)
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 -3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped fine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup fresh grated romano cheese, & parmesan cheese combined
- 1 -2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice, as needed
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add 2-3 cloves of garlic to the butter.
- Sautee prosciutto in pan with no oil until browned.
- Add cream cheese whisk until chunks are melted.
- Add heavy cream.
- Whisk and blend.
- Add grated cheese.
- Whisk until melted.
- Add nutmeg.
- If cheese is too thick add lemon juice to separate the cheese to blend with the cream.
- Add ham to sauce, let stand for 15 minutes, whisking every few minutes.
- Mix sauce over noodles in large bowl. Serve hot.