My dad has been making this for years with Prosciutto, but I couldn't master the recipe until recently. I recommend imported prosciutto it has a sharper taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (one full stick)
- 18 -24 ounces of fresh fettuccine pasta (refrigerator section of grocery store)
- 2 prosciutto ham, slices cubed imported (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (I used 1/3 the fat and it was fine)
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 -3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped fine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup fresh grated romano cheese, & parmesan cheese combined
- 1 -2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice, as needed
- 1Melt butter in sauce pan.
- 2Add 2-3 cloves of garlic to the butter.
- 3Sautee prosciutto in pan with no oil until browned.
- 4Add cream cheese whisk until chunks are melted.
- 5Add heavy cream.
- 6Whisk and blend.
- 7Add grated cheese.
- 8Whisk until melted.
- 9Add nutmeg.
- 10If cheese is too thick add lemon juice to separate the cheese to blend with the cream.
- 11Add ham to sauce, let stand for 15 minutes, whisking every few minutes.
- 12Mix sauce over noodles in large bowl. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slammin Fettucine Alfredo Sauce With Prosciutto Ham
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1170.6
- Calories from Fat 747
- Total Fat 83.0 g
- Saturated Fat 50.6 g
- Cholesterol 368.0 mg
- Sodium 718.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 30.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: