Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
Create this knock-out dish of slow-cooked lamb infused with a tempting trio of garlic, rosemary and wine.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and the oil together in an ovenproof frying pan. Add the garlic cloves and rosemary.
- Season the lamb with salt and freshly ground black pepper and fry on both sides until brown, before transferring to a baking dish. Add the halved garlic heads.
- Heat the wine in a small saucepan and pour over the lamb. Cover with foil and cook in the oven to for 1½ hours.
- Remove the lamb and garlic halves from the pan and keep warm.
- Strain the wine into a saucepan, squeezing the juices from the rosemary and garlic skins.
- Combine the flour with the remaining butter. Heat the wine and juices and stir in the flour and butter mixture, a little at a time.
- Cook until the sauce is smooth and thick. Adjust the seasoning as necessary and serve the lamb chops straight away with the sauce poured over.