2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Create this knock-out dish of slow-cooked lamb infused with a tempting trio of garlic, rosemary and wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 300°F
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and the oil together in an ovenproof frying pan. Add the garlic cloves and rosemary.
- 3Season the lamb with salt and freshly ground black pepper and fry on both sides until brown, before transferring to a baking dish. Add the halved garlic heads.
- 4Heat the wine in a small saucepan and pour over the lamb. Cover with foil and cook in the oven to for 1½ hours.
- 5Remove the lamb and garlic halves from the pan and keep warm.
- 6Strain the wine into a saucepan, squeezing the juices from the rosemary and garlic skins.
- 7Combine the flour with the remaining butter. Heat the wine and juices and stir in the flour and butter mixture, a little at a time.
- 8Cook until the sauce is smooth and thick. Adjust the seasoning as necessary and serve the lamb chops straight away with the sauce poured over.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooked Lamb Chops With White Wine
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 962.4
- Calories from Fat 621
- Total Fat 69.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 171.1 mg
- Sodium 222.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: