Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Delicious cheesy lasagna that will feed a crowd! Great flavor and texture. The beef and sausage is infused with moisture from the slow cooker.
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb hot sausage, minced
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, Italian flavored
- 3 cups marinara sauce, any flavoring
- 3 cups alfredo sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, divided 1/4 lb freshly grated and 1/4 lb sliced thick
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 lb parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until onions are soften.
- Add minced sausage and ground beef. Cook until browned, approximately 7 minutes. Drain oil.
- In a large bowl, add marinara sauce, alfredo sauce and canned tomatoes and mix completely.
- Add ground meat mixture to sauce. Add Italian Seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- In the slow cooker pan, pour a small amount of the sauce mixture along the bottom of the plan.
- Layer the uncooked lasagna noodles across the bottom of the pan. You can make the noodles to adjust them to the size of your pan.
- Spoon ricotta cheese across the lasagna noodles. Add a layer of grated cheeses. Add a layer of sauce mixture.
- Repeat the layering process; lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese, grated cheeses, sauce mixture.
- For the top layer, proceed with this order: lasagna noodles, sauce mixture, grated cheeses and sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours until cheese on top is bubbly.
Made as posted, very good but just a little to much cheese flavor for my tastes.
Was delicious!! 5 stars all the way... I halved the recipe and it still turned out and was done in two hours on High. The sausage is what really made the flavor wonderful and the alfredo. Thank you!