Inspired by a risotto from London restaurant Ooze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces risotto rice, such as Arborio
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock, boiling
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, three-quarters chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 1Fry the onion in the oil for 5 minutes Add the rice and garlic, then cook for 2 mins, stirring continuously. Pour in a third of the stock and set the timer to 20 minutes
- 2Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the stock has been absorbed, then add half the rest of the stock and carry on cooking, stirring a bit more frequently, until that has been absorbed.
- 3Pour in the last of the stock, stir, then simmer until cooked and creamy. Take from the heat and add the chopped salmon, mascarpone, parsley and lemon zest.
- 4Grind in some black pepper, but don't add salt as the salmon will be salty enough.
- 5Leave for 5 mins to settle, then taste and add some more pepper and salt if you like. Serve topped with reserved salmon (roughly torn) and serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon & Lemon Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 357.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: