Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Inspired by a risotto from London restaurant Ooze.
Make and share this Smoked Salmon & Lemon Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces risotto rice, such as Arborio
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock, boiling
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, three-quarters chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus lemon wedges to serve
- Fry the onion in the oil for 5 minutes Add the rice and garlic, then cook for 2 mins, stirring continuously. Pour in a third of the stock and set the timer to 20 minutes
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the stock has been absorbed, then add half the rest of the stock and carry on cooking, stirring a bit more frequently, until that has been absorbed.
- Pour in the last of the stock, stir, then simmer until cooked and creamy. Take from the heat and add the chopped salmon, mascarpone, parsley and lemon zest.
- Grind in some black pepper, but don't add salt as the salmon will be salty enough.
- Leave for 5 mins to settle, then taste and add some more pepper and salt if you like. Serve topped with reserved salmon (roughly torn) and serve with lemon wedges.