1/7 Photos of Sourdough Pizza Crust
2 hrs 20 mins
My sourdough starter has been severely neglected over the past several weeks, so I decided to use it to try to come up with a pizza crust for our Sunday Pizza. I adopted Po's pizza crust Pizza Dough and adapted it to use my sourdough. I am very pleased with the results. Hope you will give it a try if you are a sourdough lover like I am. The cook time includes the time it takes to rise and prebake the pizza crust.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a standup mixer, such as the Kitchen Aide,dissolve the yeast in warm water in the mixing bowl and let sit for 8-10 minutes.
- 2Add olive oil, salt, sugar and Italian Seasoning and mix well.
- 3Add the sourdough starter and mix well.
- 4Add 2-3 cups of flour (add additional flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl. If it becomes too dry, just add a little more starter.
- 5Using the dough hook, knead for about 8 minutes.
- 6Transfer with slightly greased hands to a greased bowl, turning once.
- 7Cover with a light cloth and let rise for about an hour and a half, or until double in size.
- 8Punch down and let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- 9Spray a pizza pan or pizza stone with Pam and lightly dust with yellow corn meal.
- 10Transfer dough to the pizza pan and roll out.
- 11Or transfer the dough to a floured work surface and gently pick up one edge of the dough and let it stretch, gradually working your way completely around the dough.
- 12Then transfer the dough to the pizza pan and spread the dough with your greased hands so the dough fits your pan.
- 13Using a fork, punch tiny holes all over the spread dough, being careful not to tear the dough.
- 14Bake in preheated oven at 425 degree for 10 minutes.
- 15Remove and very lightly brush with olive oil.
- 16Add your favorite toppings.
- 17Bake at 400 degrees until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is melted, usually about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 779.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: