Mr Tender's Note:
My ex girlfiend's world famous Spaghetti Sauce. My love of this meal was considered during the tumultuous decision to split. (Do I stay? Do I go? ... Oh.. but the spaghetti!!!! Maybe I can come for dinner regularly??? I have to leave.... I'll just have to hope for the best on the spaghetti front :D ) Legend has it that this is a blend of the recipe from an old Italian lady just down the road... and Melissa's natural flair for all things Italian
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, sliced
- 4 big garlic cloves, minced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons chicken or 3 teaspoons vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 -1 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- spaghetti, cooked and drained
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- 1In a skillet cook mince, rosemary and sage in olive oil on medium until golden brown.
- 2Take out of pan but do not drain.
- 3Add some more oil along with the garlic and onion and cook until lightly browned (do not burn). About 2 minutes.
- 4Add chopped celery and cook another 2 minutes or until soften.
- 5Add 1 teaspoon celery salt and stir well.
- 6Add carrot and 2 more teaspoons of celery salt, stir for 1 minute.
- 7Add 2 tins of tomatoes and 3 teaspoons of dry chicken stock along with the Worcestershire sauce, red wine and 1 cup of water.
- 8Stir well and cook on low heat for 4 minutes.
- 9Add mince back into mixture and cook everything on low heat for 20 minutes.
- 10Taste, and add more salt and pepper, stock or another 1/2 cup of water only if required.
- 11Serve over Spaghetti, and use quality Parmesan that you have grated yourself.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti a La Melissa
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.1
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.3 mg
- Sodium 313.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: