Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My ex girlfiend's world famous Spaghetti Sauce. My love of this meal was considered during the tumultuous decision to split. (Do I stay? Do I go? ... Oh.. but the spaghetti!!!! Maybe I can come for dinner regularly??? I have to leave.... I'll just have to hope for the best on the spaghetti front :D ) Legend has it that this is a blend of the recipe from an old Italian lady just down the road... and Melissa's natural flair for all things Italian
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, sliced
- 4 big garlic cloves, minced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons chicken or 3 teaspoons vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- spaghetti, cooked and drained
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- In a skillet cook mince, rosemary and sage in olive oil on medium until golden brown.
- Take out of pan but do not drain.
- Add some more oil along with the garlic and onion and cook until lightly browned (do not burn). About 2 minutes.
- Add chopped celery and cook another 2 minutes or until soften.
- Add 1 teaspoon celery salt and stir well.
- Add carrot and 2 more teaspoons of celery salt, stir for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tins of tomatoes and 3 teaspoons of dry chicken stock along with the Worcestershire sauce, red wine and 1 cup of water.
- Stir well and cook on low heat for 4 minutes.
- Add mince back into mixture and cook everything on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Taste, and add more salt and pepper, stock or another 1/2 cup of water only if required.
- Serve over Spaghetti, and use quality Parmesan that you have grated yourself.
Five stars from me! I ate lots and lots! I love you Uncle Brent xxx
Uncle Brent, I didn't know you knew how to cook! 5 1/2 stars from me. This was very yummy! I LOVED the nooooodles!!!
Awesome meal with awesome flavour! This came together in no time at all for a filling, tasty, healthy meal. Love the addition of the sage, rosemary and celery salt. Mr Tender I'll put this one into our family members cookbook ;) book #55856