1/2 Photos of Spaghetti Alle Olive E Pomodoro
Translation: Spaghetti with Olives and Tomatoes. This makes a delicious quick and delicious dinner for 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced cut tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reserved pasta cooking liquid
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large skillet heat the olive oil, add garlic, onion and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes or until sizzling.
- 2Stir in wine or chicken stock and cook until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- 3Drain the tomatoes and add to skillet along with the olives, cook for 5 minutes; add the oregano and basil, cook and stir as additional 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Prepare the pasta as directed on package, drain well reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with reserved cooking liquid and cheese; add sauce and toss to coat.
- 5Serve immediately with fresh crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Alle Olive E Pomodoro
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 386.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: