Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Translation: Spaghetti with Olives and Tomatoes. This makes a delicious quick and delicious dinner for 4.
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced cut tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reserved pasta cooking liquid
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil, add garlic, onion and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes or until sizzling.
- Stir in wine or chicken stock and cook until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Drain the tomatoes and add to skillet along with the olives, cook for 5 minutes; add the oregano and basil, cook and stir as additional 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Prepare the pasta as directed on package, drain well reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with reserved cooking liquid and cheese; add sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with fresh crusty bread.
Lovely dish, much enjoyed, you cant go wrong with spaghetti and tomato sauce :) Thank you, Paula, made for International Agents of QUEST, Italy
I loved this, will make it again, added lots of parmesan and a little mozzarella to it as well because i love mozzarella with tomatoes..
I liked this - the black olives kind of freaked my hubby out a little bit... not my usual tomato sauce. I liked the heat from the red peppers, too... nice change of pace, quick and easy! I used 1 teaspoon each of dried basil & oregano as I didn't have any fresh on hand. Thanks for posting! Made for Photo Tag.