Another lovely recipe I found on Taste.com from Super Food Ideas magazine August 2003. I have made this twice now and although it has a beautiful flavoured sauce, it is not too spicy for kids. I added some chopped capsicum and fresh basil to the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g prosciutto, finely chopped (can sub bacon)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 700 g lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 800 g diced tomatoes, Italian if available
- 1 teaspoon beef stock powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- parmesan cheese, shaved to serve
- 1Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat, add prosciutto, onion, celery, carrot and garlic and cook for 8 to 10 mins, stirring often, until vegetables are soft.
- 2Increase heat to high, add mince and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until browned, then add wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, stock and water, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes then season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook pasta following packet directions and combine pasta with bolognaise sauce, sprinkle with parmesan shavings and serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Bolognaise
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 896.3
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 113.7 mg
- Sodium 594.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 52.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: