1/7 Photos of Spaghetti Bolognese (The Easy Way)
I usualy make my Bolognese the traditional way, but tried this version a few nights ago, and the family just loved it. This is a quick and easy version and I might start making this a little more often now!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices rindless bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 420 g condensed spicy tomato soup
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup or 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 400 g spaghetti, cooked and drained
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- 1Heat 1 tablesppoon of the oil in a large frying pan. Add mince and cook until just lightly browned, drain in colander to remove excess fat.
- 2Put the remainder (1/2 tablespoon) of the oil in the pan and add onion, bacon and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 3Add the drained mince back inot the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until well browned.
- 4Add the soup, stock, wine, ketchup or paste, bay leaf and oregano. Bring to the boil.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste (if desired).
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Serve over cooked spaghetti and top with parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.
- 8Serve with crusty fresh bread or garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Bolognese (The Easy Way)
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.7
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
condensed spicy tomato soup