1/4 Photos of Spaghetti Con Pollo, Salsiccia, E Peperone
Spaghetti with Chicken, Sausage, and Pepper Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage link, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped, including the juice
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 lb spaghetti
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1In a large saucepan saute the onion, the garlic, and the bell pepper in the olive oil over moderately high heat, stirring, until the vegetables begin to brown.
- 2Add the chicken, the sausage, the tomatoes with the juice, the wine, the oregano, the basil, and the sugar and boil the mixture gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- 3While the mixture is boiling, in a kettle of boiling salted water boil the spaghetti until it is 'al dente' and drain it well.
- 4To the tomato mixture add the cream and salt and pepper to taste and simmer the sauce for 3 minutes, or until it is thickened slightly.
- 5Divide the spaghetti between 2 plates and spoon the sauce over it.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Con Pollo, Salsiccia, E Peperone
Serving Size: 1 (781 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1413.2
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 171.2 mg
- Sodium 1478.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 151.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 73.7 g