Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hearty lunch or a light dinner. Leave out the ham for a vegetarian meal.
Make and share this Spaghetti Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced ham (optional)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat and saute onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and ham for 5 minutes, or until onion has softened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a large bowl; then whisk in the cheese, half the parsley, the salt and pepper and the cooked onion mixture.
- Cut cooked spaghetti into 2-inch lengths and stir into egg mixture.
- In the same skillet you used to cook onions etc, melt the remaining 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat; try to coat the sides as well as the bottom.
- Pour in egg mixture and cook, without stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the bottom is golden and most of the mixture is set.
- Now carefully invert frittata onto a plate, then slide back into skillet, cooked side up.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer, or until golden on the bottom.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and serve, cut in wedges; just as good warm as hot.
- For Vegetarian omit the ham.
Definitely great! I tried it 'cause I was short on ideas for dinner one night. It works really well if you sub tomatoes for both the mushrooms and the pepper. And I also used oregano for the parsley. It's fantastic. It's one of those recipes that you don't hafta follow it too close. I'm making it right now. =^^=
Very easy and tasty. I did not have any fresh parsley so I added a pinch of dried oregano. Also, subbed real bacon bits for ham. Will definitely make again!
Lennie this is superb....Didn't change a single thing but did add some melted butter over the top. We loved it and it reheats great too. TY!