A hearty lunch or a light dinner. Leave out the ham for a vegetarian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced ham (optional)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat and saute onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and ham for 5 minutes, or until onion has softened, stirring occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a large bowl; then whisk in the cheese, half the parsley, the salt and pepper and the cooked onion mixture.
- 3Cut cooked spaghetti into 2-inch lengths and stir into egg mixture.
- 4In the same skillet you used to cook onions etc, melt the remaining 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat; try to coat the sides as well as the bottom.
- 5Pour in egg mixture and cook, without stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the bottom is golden and most of the mixture is set.
- 6Now carefully invert frittata onto a plate, then slide back into skillet, cooked side up.
- 7Cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer, or until golden on the bottom.
- 8Garnish with remaining parsley and serve, cut in wedges; just as good warm as hot.
- 9For Vegetarian omit the ham.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.3
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 334.7 mg
- Sodium 332.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 15.1 g