Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that I just made up one day for my husband who had just had a lond day at work, and was craving something italian. It turned out great, and we have sense made this recipe two times.
- 4 -6 ounces spaghetti or 4 -6 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked until al dente and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 3⁄4-2 cups milk (depending on how thick you want the sauce)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup your favorite pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a loaf pan with foil (I like the release foil).
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, or until it smells a little nutty.
- With a whisk, gradually mix in the milk. This is when you decided how much milk you think it will need.
- Bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly, remove from the heat and add the cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pour about 1/3 tablespoons of the sauce on the bottom of the loaf pan then top evenly with 1/3 of the pasta sauce and then the pasta itself.
- Repeat this two more times, cover the pan with more foil then bake in oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, slice, and serve.
- This is very good next to a italian breaded chicken breast. MMMMmmmm!
I just made this, i added ground beef and used alfredo sauce. It was so very good. I highly recommend this recipe!
I made this last night exactly as stated except I added a lb of lean ground beef into the layers and it was awesome! It turned out perfect even for my picky eaters. Thanks for a great, EASY recipe!!
Mmmm mmm good! I made this last might for my family and it was a big hit. I loved the presentation of this loaf. When it was cut the slices stayed together and almost looked like lasagna layers. The white sauce was very good, and I used Prego's Italian sausage for the red sauce. I sured this with Italian bread chicken scalipini and it was great. Thank you for posting. I will be making this again.