1/2 Photos of Spaghetti Puttanesca in 25 Minutes!
Um Safia's Note:
This is a super quick version of the traditional Italian pasta dish. It is easy to cook & perfect for a midweek meal when you want something really tasty that wont keep you in the kitchen for hours!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chile, desseded & finely chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 50 g anchovies packed in oil (drained & chopped)
- 350 g spaghetti
- 100 g pitted black olives, drained & sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 6 basil leaves, shredded, plus extra
- basil leaves, for serving
- 1Heat the oil in a pan add the garlic & cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes & anchovies & simmer uncovered for 10 minutes - stir occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a large pan of water until boiling. Boil the spaghetti uncovered for 10-11 minutes or until just tender.
- 3Add the olives, capers & basil to the sauce & simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- 4Drain the spaghetti well, toss with the sauce & serve garnished with basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Puttanesca in 25 Minutes!
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 751.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 18.1 g