Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a super quick version of the traditional Italian pasta dish. It is easy to cook & perfect for a midweek meal when you want something really tasty that wont keep you in the kitchen for hours!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chile, desseded & finely chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 50 g anchovies packed in oil (drained & chopped)
- 350 g spaghetti
- 100 g pitted black olives, drained & sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 6 basil leaves, shredded, plus extra
- basil leaves, for serving
- Heat the oil in a pan add the garlic & cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes & anchovies & simmer uncovered for 10 minutes - stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan of water until boiling. Boil the spaghetti uncovered for 10-11 minutes or until just tender.
- Add the olives, capers & basil to the sauce & simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti well, toss with the sauce & serve garnished with basil leaves.
This is very good. It didn't say when you should add the chile so I added with the tomatoes and anchovies as that where it was on the ingredients. It was flavourful and light, thought I think I will use more anchovies next time because I like a stronger anchovy flavour in my Puttanesca sauce. Thanks for sharing.
This couldn't be any easier. Very tasty and it was a hit with my family. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.