1/1 Photo of Spaghetti With Four Kinds of Cheese
This is based on a recipe from Bodo A. Schieren's cookbook, Spaghetti. I use store-bought fresh pasta since I don't yet have a pasta machine. I give this five stars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup fontina, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup water (from the cooked pasta) or 1/2 cup white wine
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1Mix together the flour, eggs, oil, salt, and herbs.
- 2Knead until you have a firm dough.
- 3Cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- 4Roll out using a pasta machine, then run through the spaghetti cutters.
- 5Cook in plenty of gently boiling salted water until al dente.
- 7Turn the spaghetti into a preheated bowl. Pour the melted butter and the cooking water or wine over it.
- 8Mix all four grated cheeses with spaghetti until they melt and start to form strings.
- 9Serve sprinkled with pepper and parsley.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Four Kinds of Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 963.7
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 326.4 mg
- Sodium 1311.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning