Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 225 g spaghetti
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce, passata
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shrimp, cooked, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups clams, canned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 4 whole shrimp, cooked, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Fry over a moderate heat for 6-7 minutes, until the onions have softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until al dente. Stir the passata, tomato puree, oregano, bay leaf and sugar into the onions and season well.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shellfish, lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of the parsley.
- Stir well, then cove r and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the spaghetti when it is ready and add the butter to the pan.
- Return the drained spaghetti to the pan and toss in the butter.
- Season well.
- Divide the spaghetti among four warmed plates and top with the seafood sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbsp parsley, garnish with whole prawns and serve immediately.
Excellent dish with lots of seafood flavor in this sauce. I made it to go on top of linguini. We had toasted Italian bread with garlic butter to go with it, and it was superb!