My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 225 g spaghetti
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce, passata
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shrimp, cooked, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups clams, canned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 4 whole shrimp, cooked, to garnish
- 1Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Fry over a moderate heat for 6-7 minutes, until the onions have softened.
- 2Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until al dente. Stir the passata, tomato puree, oregano, bay leaf and sugar into the onions and season well.
- 3Bring to the boil, then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the shellfish, lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of the parsley.
- 5Stir well, then cove r and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, drain the spaghetti when it is ready and add the butter to the pan.
- 7Return the drained spaghetti to the pan and toss in the butter.
- 8Season well.
- 9Divide the spaghetti among four warmed plates and top with the seafood sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbsp parsley, garnish with whole prawns and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti with Seafood Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.5
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 265.2 mg
- Sodium 1151.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 45.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: