For a meat version, add some chopped chorizo, or add shrimp for a fish one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons black olives (optional)
- 12 ounces spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Soften onion in oil in an ovenproof dish for 5 minutes Add peppers and garlic, and cook for another 10 mins over a low-medium heat, till peppers are softened.
- 3Stir in paprika and cook for 30 secs, then add stock and tomato sauce. Bring to the boil and add olives, if using.
- 4Top with the spaghetti pieces and press down lightly, so they're just covered by the liquid. Cover with lid and cook in the oven for 20 mins, till pasta is just cooked.
- 5Stir through parsley, check seasoning and serve. If you've got a lemon, squeeze this over the pasta before serving immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish-Style Baked Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 650.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper