Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
For a meat version, add some chopped chorizo, or add shrimp for a fish one.
Make and share this Spanish-Style Baked Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons black olives (optional)
- 12 ounces spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Soften onion in oil in an ovenproof dish for 5 minutes Add peppers and garlic, and cook for another 10 mins over a low-medium heat, till peppers are softened.
- Stir in paprika and cook for 30 secs, then add stock and tomato sauce. Bring to the boil and add olives, if using.
- Top with the spaghetti pieces and press down lightly, so they're just covered by the liquid. Cover with lid and cook in the oven for 20 mins, till pasta is just cooked.
- Stir through parsley, check seasoning and serve. If you've got a lemon, squeeze this over the pasta before serving immediately.