Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fresh torn basil leaves can be used instaed of the pesto.
Make and share this Spicy Pasta Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans egg tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken up
- 4 tablespoons black olives, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and chili, then cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, breaking up with a spoon as you go, then pour in the broth.
- Cover, bring to the boil, remove the lid then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, then simmer for 6-8 minutes until it is cooked. Stir in the olives, capers and pesto then serve with a drizzle of olive oil.