Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fresh torn basil leaves can be used instaed of the pesto.
Make and share this Spicy Pasta Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans egg tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken up
- 4 tablespoons black olives, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and chili, then cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, breaking up with a spoon as you go, then pour in the broth.
- Cover, bring to the boil, remove the lid then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, then simmer for 6-8 minutes until it is cooked. Stir in the olives, capers and pesto then serve with a drizzle of olive oil.