Fresh torn basil leaves can be used instaed of the pesto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans egg tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken up
- 4 tablespoons black olives, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and chili, then cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- 2Stir in the tomatoes, breaking up with a spoon as you go, then pour in the broth.
- 3Cover, bring to the boil, remove the lid then simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the spaghetti, then simmer for 6-8 minutes until it is cooked. Stir in the olives, capers and pesto then serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 214.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: