Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from the BBC Good Food magazine. Easy to make and a lovely fresh lemon flavoured supper dish. Even nicer with homemade pasta.
- Whilst cooking the pasta, grate the lemon zest and mix with the lemon juice and olive oil and season.
- Fry the bacon (no oil should be necessary) until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pine nuts to the pan with bacon and stir until lightly toasted.
- Now drain the pasta and fold in the spinach allowing it to wilt in the heat.
- Then stir in the lemon dressing, bacon and nuts and seasoning to taste (drizzle with oil and sprinkle with pepper).
This is a gorgous recipe! I did add an onion and a few cloves of garlic when cooking the bacon which made it devine. I made a double batch last night and there is nothing left this morning :)
Delicious, simple, and perfect if you want a light, yummy, and refreshing dinner! Will definitely be making this again!
We loved this. I toasted my pine nuts in the oven, as opposed to in the skillet. Also I used a little more bacon and pine nuts than called for. The lemon in this is great! This was a delicious dinner that went well with Garlic Texas Toast and sweet corn. Thanks for posting this, it's excellent.