1/1 Photo of Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
alice Dave's Note:
"Carnivores and vegetarians alike are seduced by this rich pasta entrée, which supplies a satisfying serving of vegetables in every portion." I have a series of recipes I got out of what I thought would be a useless magazine full of ho-hum recipes that I was given for free at the Check out stand at my local grocery store. The magazine is called "Dan's real food Spring 2008" Turns out, they are some of the best recipes I have ever come upon. This is one of those recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (5 ounce) package washed Baby Spinach (or 8 ounces frozen spinach leaves, thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 cups tomato sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 375 Farenheit.
- 2Place noodles and enough water to cover in a 2-quart microwave-safe, oven proof casserole dish. Cover and microwave on high until noodles are softened, about 4 minutes. drain off water and arrange noodles on a plate to cool. Dry casserole dish.
- 3Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add spinach and 1 tbs[ water, then stir to coat leaves and cover pan. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until wilted, about 1 minute. Spread cooked spinach out on a cutting board to cool, then finely chop.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the mozzarella, ricotta, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, egg, nutmeg, and pepper. Stir in cooled spinach mixture.
- 5Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce in bottom of casserole. Place 1/4 cup of the cheese and spinach mixture at base of each noodle and roll up. Place rolls seam-side down in casserole; pour remaining sauce over rolls. Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan.
- 6Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes. Uncover, and bake until cheese bubbles, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.5
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 1194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles