This is a wonderfully flavored dish that my hubby swears is my best dinner yet! Served with asparagus topped with some of the sauce is superb.
- 16 cremini mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped in food processor or 3 portabella mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 curly edge lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 cup fat free vegetable stock or 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 8 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sauté mushrooms, chopped onion and garlic in oil over med heat, until mushrooms give off their juice and onion is tender- 7-8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add dry chopped spinach to the pan and heat through.
- Add ricotta, adjust salt and pepper and heat through.
- Remove from burner, but leave in warm skillet.
- Heat broth in small sauce pan.
- Add Gorgonzola into broth, and bring to a bubble.
- Stir in cream and thicken about 2 minutes.
- Place cooked noodles on work surface.
- Place a dollop of spinach mixture on one end of noodles and roll each one up.
- Arrange rolled packages, seam side down, in shallow casserole dish.
- Pour warm sauce over and top with mozzarella.
- Place casserole under broiler to melt mozzarella and slightly brown.