1 hr 5 mins
If you love spinach and mushrooms, you are going to love these little rolled-up bundles of flavor. If you don't want to make the Marinara sauce, just substitute your favorite recipe or 32 oz. jarred sauce. From 1001 Low-Fat Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Marinara Sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Italian plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1For Marinara:.
- 2Saute onions and garlic in oil in large saucepan until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, wine, and tomato paste; heat to boiling.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until mixture is medium sauce consistency, about 20 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 5For Rotolo:.
- 6Coat large skillet with cooking spray: heat over medium heat until hot.
- 7Cook mushrooms over medium heat, covered, until they release juices, 3 to 5 minutes. Add spinach, garlic, and herbs to skillet; cook until spinach is wilted 2 to 3 minutes. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until liquid is gone, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- 8Combine cheeses, salt, and pepper in bowl; stir in mushroom mixture.
- 9Spread 3 to 4 tbsp cheese mixture on each noodle; roll up and place in baking dish.
- 10Spoon marinara sauce over rotolo.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees, loosely coverd with aluminum foil, until rotolo are hot through and sauce is bubbly 25 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Mushroom Rotolo
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 535.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese