This recipe is so easy, but so yummy, and looks really impressive!
Make and share this Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g instant cannelloni tubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 kg frozen spinach, thawed
- 750 g ricotta cheese, beaten
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 (575 g) jars pasta sauce (I like the Dolmio Classic sauce)
- 400 g mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a pan, and cook the onion and garlic until tender. Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Place in a bowl, and add the ricotta, eggs, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Stuff each canneloni tube, and put in a baking dish.
- Pour the jar of sauce over the pasta.
- Top with cheese, and bake at 180C until cheese is golden, and the sauce is bubbling (about 30 minutes).
I love this recipe. Nutmeg is key here! The flavors are wonderful. I made with my own pasta sauce and a combination of mozzarella and asiago cheese. [made AUS/NZ recipe swap #20, 2008].