Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on a bunch of fresh Dole asparagus. We like lots of veggies, so I added in a zucchini and some cremini mushrooms. I also stirred in some fresh parsley and oregano before serving.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta or 8 ounces spaghetti
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short thin strips (or any other color)
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus, pepper, carrots, garlic, and herb seasoning to oil; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat; stir in pasta and cheese.
- Serve hot.
I love this recipe! Usually double it and add even more cheese. I, too, got this recipe off of a bunch of Dole asparagus. Hadn't made it in a while and couldn't find my little tag! Thanks so much for posting this!
This was a great way to get our veggies in! I took your tip and added zucchini and mushrooms and it made it more filling. It was very dry, though, and my husband stirred some butter into his). I'd like to stir in pesto sauce with it next time. Thanks for another good recipe, Vino Girl!= Roxygirl
Talk about easy! I made this for a main dish for DH and me. I omitted the red pepper, but I did add red pepper flakes for a bit of a kick. I added a little butter to keep the noodles from sticking and to give it extra flavor. It was so so good. This recipe is going into the permanent file.