My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 New York strip steaks, 1-inch thick or 2 rib eye steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup red wine (any good quality red wine will do)
- 2 cups marinara sauce (homemade or your favorite jarred)
- 1 cup dry pasta, cooked
- 1Bring a pot of water to a boil. Season with salt, add pasta and cook according to package directions. While pasta cooks, prepare steaks.
- 2Season steaks lightly with a sprinkling of oregano, granulated garlic, and salt and pepper. Reserve any remaining seasonings for the sauce. Heat a medium-sized skillet. When it is hot, add the olive oil and the steaks. Sear steaks, without turning, approximately 5 minutes.
- 3Turn steaks over, move to one side of skillet, and add mushrooms, onion, garlic, and reserved seasonings. Cook, stirring vegetables until softened, while steaks continue to cook, about 4 minutes. (These directions are for steaks cooked medium; shorten cooking time during searing for medium-rare.) Remove steaks and keep warm.
- 4Add wine to deglaze pan. Cook about 1 minute and add marinara sauce. Heat through, about 4 minutes, to allow flavors to combine. Taste sauce and correct seasonings, if needed.
- 5Drain pasta and toss with a 1/2 to 1 cup of cooking sauce. Serve with steaks, topped with remaining sauce. Mangia Bene!
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Pizzaiola
Serving Size: 1 (674 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1170.5
- Calories from Fat 562
- Total Fat 62.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 220.6 mg
- Sodium 1200.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 67.2 g