1/1 Photo of Straw and Hay
This Alfredo type pasta dish is fairly quick to get to the table after work, but tastes like a rich restaurant meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package regular egg fettuccine
- 1 (8 ounce) package spinach fettuccine (can use egg and boil in spinach juice)
- 1 cup thinly sliced julienne cut ham or 1 cup Canadian bacon
- 1 cup sliced mushroom, of your choice (optional)
- 1 cup frozen green pea (optional)
- 1/2 cup sweet butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Cook pasta separately.
- 2If using peas, cook them with either pasta during the last few minutes.
- 3Drain and set aside.
- 4In large, heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 5Stir in ham (or Canadian bacon) and mushrooms (if using).
- 6Cook until mushrooms are tender.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Add cream.
- 9Cook, stirring constantaly until mixture thickens.
- 10Toss both pastas (and peas, if using) together in a large bowl.
- 11Divide pasta among 6 deep pasta or soup bowls.
- 12Divide sauce and spoon over each portion.
- 13Top each with a generous amount of Parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Straw and Hay
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.8
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 213.2 mg
- Sodium 909.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 24.4 g